OPERATION DROUGHT RELIEF!
RRT'S OPERATION DROUGHT RELIEF INITIATIVE
As part of the Rapid Relief Team’s ongoing commitment to raising funds to support those in need in our community, we are rolling out an initiative to assist the drought stricken farmers in NSW.
Funds raised from this initiative will be used as follows;
Hay For Livestock
· 23 Road Trains of Hay from Western Australia were delivered to Condobolin Thursday 16th August
· RRT have committed to another 4 Semi Trailers of Hay from Tasmania, scheduled for delivery into Condobolin 17th August
· Approximately 1268 tonnes totalling 2450 bales
· Feeds over 1,000 cows or 20,000 sheep for 23 weeks
· Value of donation $685,200
· This convoy of hay will be donated by RRT to over 200 drought-stricken farmers in:
o Lake Cargelligo
· FREE Community RRT BBQ lunch on Friday 17th & Saturday 18th of August at Condobolin’s Common
Food For Farmers Families
· RRT is working with IGA and Foodworks
· RRT has committed to $260,000 of food coupons
· We will supply food vouchers of $100 per family / per week for 200 families for the next 13 weeks
Camden Dairy Farmer Operation
· RRT is committed to donating a number of loads of Hay to the dairy farmers
· 1st B-Double load was delivered Saturday 11th of August vales at $20,000
· The recipients were drought-stricken dairy farmers in the Picton / Camden area
· RRT held a Community Fundraiser BBQ in Camden on Saturday 11th of August, raising $2250 towards the cause
· RRT has committed to a further 136T of Hay for the Camden / Picton area
o Delivery is scheduled for Friday 24th August
o 6 Semi Trailers and 1 B-Double, a total of 300 bales
o Value of donation $50,500
· RRT Camden will hold a Community Fundraiser BBQ Lunch on Saturday the 25th of August
· RRT has committed to another 100-150T of Hay per week for the next 4-5 weeks for drought-stricken farmers in NSW
“If you are in need of hay or food coupons, please email: [email protected]”
How can you help?
To support this initiative by donating funds, please click on the link below to download the form to record your details and method of payment so an official receipt can be issued.
If you would like to support RRT Operation Drought Relief by credit card, complete this online payment page. Please use ‘Drought Relief’ as the Bill/Invoice Reference and ensure you enter the correct email address for us to forward a receipt.
Note: All Australian donations received over $2.00 from are fully tax deductible